Manchester Academy aims to secure the highest possible standards of achievement, never satisfied with past levels.
The aim of the academy is to be a place for learning with a clear spiritual and moral dimension.
Whilst the Christian faith is the starting point and the central focus for the ethos of the academy, the beliefs and the practices of other faiths are valued and respected. The academy welcomes those of all faiths and none. The ethos of the academy is to support each student to:
- Become a balanced, articulate person with the intellectual freedom to be creative
- Have the confidence to initiate
- Have the resilience to cope with adversity
- Have the compassion to serve others
- Be motivated to have a lifelong love of learning
Our Core Values
This ethos underpins our core values:
- Ambition – to achieve the best for ourselves and others;
- Confidence – to have the courage of our convictions and to take risks in the right cause;
- Creativity – to imagine possibilities and make them real;
- Respect – for ourselves and others in all that we do;
- Enthusiasm – to seek opportunity, find what is good and pursue talents and interests;
- Determination – to overcome obstacles and reach success.
Manchester Academy is part of the United Learning group of academies. The motto for all United Learning academies is The Best in Everyone. In order to be true to our motto we have high expectations of our students.
We want students to:
- Attain the highest standards in learning that they can
- Achieve the best attendance, behaviour and personal development that they can
- Take on responsibilities to become outstanding citizens
- Strive to achieve as Manchester Academy will strive to help and encourage them
To be a great place for students to be and for parents to have their child educated
- To have a personalised curriculum to match a deeply complex learner profile
- Every student of consequence and no student left behind
Since opening in September 2003, Manchester Academy has established itself as a school transferring the life chances of some of the most disadvantaged young people.
It fulfils a major role in regeneration of the area and in contributing to community capacity.
The academy has close and highly effective partnerships with renowned universities, local and nationwide businesses as well as United Learning.