Manchester Academy aims to secure the highest possible standards of achievement, never satisfied with past levels.
The aim of the academy is to be a place for learning with a clear spiritual and moral dimension. Whilst the Christian faith is the starting point and the central focus for the ethos of the academy, the beliefs and the practices of other faiths are valued and respected. The academy welcomes those of all faiths and none. The ethos of the academy is to support each student to:
- Become a balanced, articulate person with the intellectual freedom to be creative
- Have the confidence to initiate
- Have the resilience to cope with adversity
- Have the compassion to serve others
- Be motivated to have a lifelong love of learning
Our School Values
- To be a great place for students to be and for parents to have their child educated
- To have a personalised curriculum to match a deeply complex learner profile
- Every student of consequence and no student left behind
Since opening in September 2003, Manchester Academy has established itself as a school transferring the life chances of some of the most disadvantaged young people. It fulfils a major role in regeneration of the area and in contributing to community capacity. The academy has close and highly effective partnerships with renowned universities, local and nationwide businesses as well as United Learning.
United Learning - Ethos and Values
United Learning is a group of schools committed to providing excellent education through which all pupils are able to progress, achieve and go on to succeed in life. Our approach is underpinned by a sense of moral purpose and commitment to doing what is right for children and young people, supporting colleagues to achieve excellence and acting with integrity in all our dealings within and beyond the organisation, in the interests of young people everywhere. We summarise this ethos as ‘the best in everyone’.
This ethos underpins our core values:
- Ambition – to achieve the best for ourselves and others;
- Confidence – to have the courage of our convictions and to take risks in the right cause;
- Creativity – to imagine possibilities and make them real;
- Respect – for ourselves and others in all that we do;
- Enthusiasm – to seek opportunity, find what is good and pursue talents and interests;
- Determination – to overcome obstacles and reach success.
Our values were selected in consultation with United Learning students and staff across the country. As a single organisation, we seek to bring together the best of independent and state sectors, respecting both traditions and learning from each. We believe that each of our schools is and should be distinctive – each is committed to developing its own strengths and identity while sharing our core values as institutions which promote service, compassion and generosity.
This ethos is our expression of our Christian roots, in schools which are fully inclusive and both welcome and respect students and staff of all faiths and none.